The Ohio Confederation of Teacher Education Organizations (OCTEO) is a non-profit, state-wide umbrella organization that brings together five Ohio teacher education organizations at a spring and fall conference each year.
The OCTEO Planning/Executive Committee is composed of the president and president-elect of the member organizations below plus the OCTEO Treasurer and the Conference Manager.
The member organizations are:
- Ohio Association of Teacher Educators (OATE) - this group, the Ohio Chapter of the Association of Teacher Educators, has individual members who are faculty and administrators at various Ohio colleges and universities. Faculty and Staff at P-12 schools are invited to join as well. JOIN OATE HERE (printable form you can mail or email)
- Ohio Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (OACTE) - this group is the Ohio affiliate of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. Membership is by institution.
- Ohio Association of Private Colleges of Teacher Education (OAPCTE) - this group includes the Colleges of Teacher Education from the Private schools across Ohio. Membership for this association is by institution as well.
- State University Education Deans (SUED) - this group consists of the Deans of all state-supported institutions in Ohio.
- Ohio Field Directors Forum (OFDF) - this group consists of individuals who coordinate reciprocal agreements between school districts and universities for placement of student teachers.